Tuesday, March 25, 2008

...but can I handle it?

A friend has been having some "life issues" lately. He contacted me yesterday and asked if I wanted to go to a magic lecture on Saturday. I felt obliged to accept. We haven't seen each other for a bit and I'd like to see him, and I'd also like to provide some moral support if necessary.

It will, however, be the first time I have shown up in a gathering of magicians in a long time. The last couple of times I tried I left feeling vaguely...dirty, and, well, ashamed to be a magician. In fact, I gave up that moniker (if I had ever earned it) based on those meetings and feelings.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

John A Hill said...

Hope that things go well. Who is giving the lecture?

Anonymous said...

Rick Maue, which means that David London will probably also be there.

I'll report.

John A Hill said...

Lots of good things have been written and said about his lectures. Have a great time and a good visit with your friend.